On 9/8/05, xiankevin2005 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1:

> when i use a cellrenderer in the datagrid,such as checkCellRenderer,in
> the click event handler of the checkBox,the method
> listOwner.dataProvider.editField is invoked.but it seems that the
> datagrid control cannot handle the event that the value of the cell was
> changed.

Not sure what you mean.  Could you explain a bit more, please?

> if my app need to get the number of the row in which the checkBox was
> clicked just now,what should i do?

Call this from within the cell renderer code:

  getCellIndex().itemIndex

> 2:
> when the text in some cell is too long to be fully displayed,i think i
> need to set the wordWrap and variableRowHeight to true.however,if i set
> the rowCount to a certain number then,3 for instance,there will be some
> other empty row at the bottom...why?

Don't know really, but I'm guessing it's got to do with the way the
DataGrid calculates its preferred height.  Try setting the height
explicitly to a number if that works for you.

> 3:
> if i'd like the text be cut off to fit the cell rather than
> wrap.further more,while the width of the column is changing,the text
> should adjust its length...any ideas?

I think the text already gets cut off if it's too long to fit in the
cell, no?  If you're talking about truncating it and then appending it
with an ellipsis ("..."), you need to use a custom cell renderer to
start with.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM