I am using a horizontallist as an answer bar in an e-learning app. The designer
wants the answer boxes to stretch according to content (all should have the
same size, and there is a minimum).

This works fine when the dataProvider is set. BUT there is another requirement:
after a wrong answer is clicked, there is feedback and the answers are
scrambled.

                        protected function tryAgain(event:Event):void
                        {

answers=CollectionUtils.noRepeatRandomizeXMLList(answers);
                                answerListRef.dataProvider=answers;
                        }

After the scrambling, the text values are represented in their new places, and
the itemRenderers are resized--but all at the minimum size, so any over the min
size need scrollbars. The resize code is called it seems before the data is
set.

I should mention that I have a similar vertical list, with "variableRowHeight"
set to true as well, and there the same code works fine.

How do I force the HorizontalList to resize the renderers en masse after the
new text values are set?