> is there anyway to find the number of textRows in a TEXT.

It sounds like you want the numLines of the TextField inside the Text control.

> I can't seem to get my text to measure properly

You may be having timing issues. For example, if you ask for the width and
height immediately after setting the text, they won't be correct because the
LayoutManager hasn't run a validation pass (i.e., commitProperties(),
measure(), and updateDisplayList() haven't executed). But if you wait for an
updateComplete event, they will be correct.

Gordon Smith
Adobe Flex SDK Team