Good point.  So maybe I have to categorize everything as being data (in
which case it hangs out with the data object) or style (in which case it
would be applied to all the renderers and can be ran through the various
style mechanisms). To be clear, the changes (that aren't data-dependent)
being made to the renderers in my case can even be text and other such
things which may not normally be thought of as "styles" but in reality it
seems they actually are styles and could be treated as such.

Thanks.

Aaron