Hi,

How can one programmatically retrieve the address / handle that is seen
in Flex Debugger?

Example:
   flash.system.ApplicationDomain (@788d1f1)

Background:
Classes without an explicit toString() method give the default Object
String (e.g. "[object ApplicationDomain]") for trace() or logging
statements.  This means one cannot spot the difference between different
instances in the logs.

In Java (sorry, yes I'm more a Java guy but have been using Flex for the
last 6-odd months), the default toString() method gives the instance
handle (the address-like thing).

Obviously, this exists within the AVM.  So my question is how to access
it programmatically?  (perhaps some namespace, perhaps some method we've
overlooked?)

Some thoughts:
    * The tripple-equals test must compare by this value so things like
Dictionary must be indexing off it (but we can't find the source for
this class)

    * It would be an obvious thing to use as default for a hash-table
implementation.
    * Obviously, since it's used for sending and offlining,
describeType() doesn't include this information. (it would change per
run)

    * ObjectUtil.toString() gives a something with "#0" at the end rather
than this instance info.

All hints and thoughts welcome!
Cheers,
YakS[h]aver R.