Hi, I'm trying to get the bounding rectangle for a TextArea widget.  e.g. =>

<mx:TextArea id="textArea"/>

In AS =>

var r:Rectangle = textArea.getVisibleRect();

specifically, I am interested in consistently getting the top-left point of
the the rectangle:

var p:Point = r.topLeft;

Most of the time this works as expected, but every now and again, depending
on browser re-size, the topLeft point is actually calculated/returned as the
topRight point.  I need to anchor a tool tip at this point, and if it
returns the top right coordinates, the tool tip is off the screen and
unreadable.

This seems like a fairly simple task, but the API isn't very clear to me
here.  For example, if I hover over the getVisibleRect( ) function it tells
me it comes from mx.core.UIComponent, but I don't even see that listed on
asdoc: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/mx/core/UIComponent.html

Is there a consistent way to calculate this?

Thanks in advance,

Davis