I already know some html and CSS . Should I consider stopping learning Flex
getting into PHP and coming back to Flex 3 again?
The statement below is the recommendation of a friend programmer.

"I'm a little curious why you're jumping straight into advanced stuff and
skipping the basics completely.

Start with HTML and CSS. Those are literally the building blocks of the web. If
you don't know them, it doesn't really matter if you understand OOP, because
you'll never be able to format the output for the web. Then I'd move on to
something like PHP... get a good solid grounding in basic programming logic
used on the web. THEN jump into ActionScript/Flash programming and Flex."

You're kind of starting at the wrong end of the progression