Put t timer inside the custom pop-up, give it a certain life span and close the
pop-up on Timer event.

________________________________
From: Glenn Jones <tgjone...@gmail.com>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, February 5, 2010 12:02:27 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] auto close popups

I have a popup that's opened in the usual way with the popup manager.  It's not
modal.
Sometimes the controls within the popup are enabled so that the user can
interact with them,
and sometimes the controls are disabled because the contents are read-only.

As soon as the user clicks anywhere else in the application, I'd like to close
the popup.

Is there an easy way to do that?

Based on what I've read, the popup should have it's own instance of
FocusManager, and that
FocusManager should receive a deactive() call if the user clicks somewhere
else. So I thought
about extending the FocusManager with some new class designed to close the
parent form
on deactivate.  But was hoping there was a better way.

Thanks,
Glenn