Hi,

ActionScript doesn't support method overloading. Instead you can use
following approach.

function sayHello()
{
        var n:Number = arguments.length;

        if(n==0)
        {
                alert("Hello World");
        }
        else if(n==1)
        {
                alert("Hello " + arguments[0]);
        }
        else if(n==2)
        {
                alert("Hello " + arguments[0] + " " + arguments[1]);

//usage:

sayHello();

sayHello("Abdul");

sayHello("Abdul", "Qabiz");

You can access individual argument using "arguments" array. You can use
typeof and instanceof to find the type of each argument and have a
switch logic to perform different algorithm for different set of
arguments.

Does that make sense?

-abdul