You say "within Flex."  Where, exactly?  I thought the only place
services-config.XML was supposed to be was in the WEB-INF folder?

So maybe that's my problem -- Flex is looking for servces-config.xml somewhere
else.  But I did a search and it doesn't appear anywhere but in WEB-INF...  So
where should it be?

Thanks,
L.