One of our projects has suffered from a similar issue.  We're
streaming audio from Flash Media Server, and sometimes the audio will
cut out - we still get cue points embedded in the audio, the NetStream
object doesn't register any errors, and the rest of the app acts like
the audio ends at the right time.

We also have a recording aspect to our project, and when the audio
cuts out, sometimes it will cut back in after we record something.

We've really only noticed this problem when running the app on Windows
7 -- and it's more prevalent when the computer is connected via
wireless.

Have you noticed any similar patterns in your app?

-Brian