Your code should work fine. I do this all the time. In all likelihood there is
another error in your code.

What is the error? Is it a null reference of some kind? if so, have you tracked
down what is null and why? Maybe some judicial use of callLater will help.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "normc_actionscript" <normcousin...@...>