What I generally do is not use a "Working Folder" on the server. I use the
"Live" folder for everything.

Is there any specific reason you need a "Working Folder"? If this is new code,
don't you need new ValueObjects? If this is existing code and you need to add
new properties to a ValueObject, (I don't know if ColdFusion does, but PHP
does) you can subclass the existing ValueObject and add properties to the new
class. Either way, there is a new ValueObject class that will not affect
existing code.