On 25 March 2010 03:21, James <garymoorcroft_...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> In my air app I have a twitter feed in which all of a users tweets will be
> displayed if they eneter their twitter name and click load. I want to expand
> on this so that I can also get data from facebook and perhaps Bebo and
> MySpace by including feeds from them also to display things like users
> pictures etc. Obviously twitter is easy as it basically involves no pictures
> and is merely a list of posts for each user.

I'm assuming you've had a look at TweetDeck already.

> The thing is I've noticed in the case of facebook you need to go into
> Facebook and click allow access etc to allow your own api key to access your
> details on your profile. What I want is so that users can enter their
> facebook username and password in my app and their facebook details such as
> photos will be displayed within my app. The thing is there will be multiple
> users of this application. Is this possible and can anyone recommend any good
> tutorials on getting such things to work?

This is an incredibly bad idea. There is a reason why Facebook went to
all that trouble to implement an API key system. (Unless you're
talking about just hosting the facebook website inside your app, which
is a different thing.)

Here are some -
* you will be responsible for keeping the user's password secure.
* Facebook can change their layout and non-API URLs at any time,
breaking your app.
* the user should be in control, not your app. They should be able to
say what your app should do, instead of your app demanding credentials
to their entire account and being able to do everything.
* users should be encouraged not to just hand over usernames/passwords
to any website/app out there - this is how phishing occurs.

What are you trying to do that is different to what's already out there?