Try...

var file:File =
File.applicationDirectory.resolvePath('assets/images/' +
imagenameentry.text + '.jpg');

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "James" <garymoorcroft_...@...>
wrote:

> My app allows a user to take a snapshot of a website and it then saves
this snapshot as a jpg. However what I want is for the user to be able
to name this jpg BEFORE it is saved eg if they type in yahooimage into a
textinput component in my app (imagenameentry) and then click a button
to create the image it will be automatically saved as yahooimage.jpg.

> At the moment I've just got the file saving as userimage.jpg but I
tried editing a bit of my code which creates the file to this:-

> var file:File =
File.applicationDirectory.resolvePath('assets/images/'imagenameentry.tex\
t'.jpg');

> This never worked and throws a syntax error but if I use:-
>
> var file:File =
File.applicationDirectory.resolvePath('assets/images/userimage.jpg');

> Then it saves but as I say I want the image to be nameable like in the
top example so that whatever the user enters in the imagenameentry box
will be set as the name of the image. What am I doing wrong here and is
there another way to do this?