I have seen this too.  I'm on a Windows 2.6GHz machine with 4GB ram and
Windows 7 and it's way slower than FB3 on the same machine.  My actionscript
is slower as well.  It has something to do with matching text instances I
think but I haven't figured out how to turn it off yet.  If anyone knows,
I'd love to hear.

Thanks!

-Jake