The majority of my flex work revolves around graphing data. If for some reason
a user picks a lot of statistics to graph, over an even longer period of time,
the amount of data that comes back to the Flash application overwhelms flash,
consuming all of the boxes resources and regularly crashing the browser.

Is there anything in the developers bag of tricks to help with this kind of
problem, or is the sheer amount of data too much for the
application/SDK/solution to handle?

I understand I can put a limit on the amount of data returned, but as the user
states, "I can pull it out of the database, via Excel, and it works".

Tref