Hi, so I am using FlashBuilder 4, and I'm using FlexUnit4 to create unit tests.

For some tests I need to load a file as input.  I can't seem to load a
file from a relative path.  All the air examples have you use the
static defined places and want you to navigate from there (e.g.
File.documentsDirectory), but this isn't really a good option for
running unit tests.

My project structure is the standard Flex layout.

Let's say I have this:

src/assets/file.txt

When the project builds, this is copied into

bin-debug/assets/file.txt

The .swf that has the test runner also executes from bin-debug, so why
can't I do this:

var file:File = new File("assets/file.txt");

When I do, it throws an exception.  Same thing if I try

var file:File = new File();
file.nativePath = "assets/file.txt";

Interestingly enough, I can load this file using URLLoader, but that
seems to be the only way.  It seem bizarre that URLLoader works, but
File does not, unless I am missing something?

Regards,
Davis