In my app I have a tilelist with an array collection as it's dp which is
populated via remote xml from a mysql database. When a user clicks a certain
category button in my app it sends a request to the server to tell it which
category items the user wants to see which in turn changes the array collection
that populates the tilelist so it shows items within that category. The thing
is though this seems to be a bit unreliable as it means the user has to wait
for a while for the dataprovider to change so sometimes they click to the next
category and the items from the previous category are still shown in the
tilelist.

Is it better practice to have multiple dataproviders initialsed at startup
which the user can switch between as they click each category rather than
modifying the same dataprovider? Basically I'm just wondering what way would
you guys do it? I thought using just one dataprovider would slim down the code
and make the app faster and more reliable but now I'm not sure.