I use Mate on all my projects. I use a lot of injectors to push my data to my views by binding them to the manager Class. What is the issue you are having? If you are reusing the same element on 2 views, you'd need to either put the data binding (ArrayCollection, Object, etc) on the component with your menu or push the data to both views to have the menu use it as a datasource.

I particularly like Mate for 2 main reasons. Lower learning curve and you don't put any of the framework into your views or models. All is managed by custom events and the map. So, if at any time in the future, you want to pop it out of the application, its minimal work (just have to write connectors for the events).