My app allows users to enter in a url a title and an image filename and then
when they click a button a snapshot of this url is created and sent to the
server as the filename they have entered and an item containing all this data
is added to an array collection which displays all this within a tilelist, the
item renderer is linked to the server which contains the images (via the i) so
they are displayed within the tilelist. The thing is this I'm trying to allow
my users to update these things using the setitemat method i.e. they click on
an item and all it's data is displayed and they can edit it and then save it
which will use the setitemat function to update this item in the array
collection.

My problem is this, if the user changes the url it takes a snapshot of this new
url to overwrite the previous image on the server but if they keep the image
filename the same it doesn't seem to refresh within the tilelist itself. I know
the image on the server has been overwritten as the image on the server in
question has been changed when I check it but for some reason the image in the
tilelist isn't updating to the new image. It's as if flex has the old image
stored in memory or something and won't switch to the new one. Is this common
and is there anyway around this besides refreshing the whole array collection
each time the user updates an item. Is there any way of refreshing only the
item that has just been updated perhaps? The strange thing is if the user
enters a different image filename.

Here's the line of code which updates the selected item (with 'a' being the
chosen item in the tilelist):-

ArrayCollection(linkChoice.dataProvider).setItemAt({linkid:linkChoice.selectedIt
 em.linkid, categoryid:updatedcategoryid, label:updatedlabelentry.text,
icon:updatediconentry.text, url:updatedurlentry.text}, a);