From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Haykel BEN JEMIA
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:16 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Detecting Scrollbar presence on Flex 4 List

Try to look in the List.scroller or List.scroller.viewport properties.

Haykel Ben Jemia

Allmas
Web & RIA Development
http://www.allmas-tn.com

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Jeff
<jbarts1...@yahoo.com<mailto:jbarts1...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

I'm trying to use a Spark List with a single itemRenderer in the place of an
mx:DataGrid for memory/performance reasons.

The itemRenderer that has all the items horizontally I need. The problem I'm
running into is getting the header (which I've created outside of the List
control to have the labels that line up with my itemrenderer elements. Things
work great until my list requires scrolling. Then the 16 pixel scrollbar throws
things out of whack.

I could probably make a simple adjustment if I could detect the presence of the
scrollbar on the list component and adjust my header elements accordingly. I
just haven't been able to figure out how to do that yet.

Anyone dealt with this?

Jeff