On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Baz <li...@thinkloop.com> wrote:

> If you send a request to a web service, and for some reason that request
> never returns because it got lost on the net, or some other failure. What
> strategies do people employ on the flex side to handle that situation?
> FaultEvent wouldn't fire in this case, because there are no known faults
> yet. Perhaps, people employ some timeout functionality on their remote
> listeners?
>
> Cheers,
> Baz

Do you use a URLRequest/URLLoader to place your request? I think if you
listen for an IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, one gets raised if the request times
out at the HTTP level. If the request gets to the server but the server just
takes too long to respond, then I think you'll have to add some sort of
timer.
--
Rick Genter
rick.gen...@gmail.com