Sounds like there is an exception being thrown when running in the release
player.  The release player just eats exceptions and stops running code until
the next frame.  If code that would run later sets up code to run in the next
frame, then that code won’t run.

There could be a timing dependency if you are loading CSS modules and depending
on the styles at startup.  There could be a stage-size dependency where the SWF
instance doesn’t have its final size until a bit later than you might expect.
That can cause some math to go negative and generate an exception.

During startup, almost everything is run from callLater as we validate
components.  I would set UIComponentGlobals.catchCallLaterExceptions=true and
listen for “callLaterError” events on the systemManager and if you get one,
addChild a TextField to the SystemManager and display the error.

On 5/9/10 11:50 PM, "dorkiedorkfromdorkt...@gmail.com"