Our app sends data to a Java web application over SSL but has an unsigned
certificate. If you go there with a web browser you get the "certificate might
be invalid, proceed with caution etc" warning. With HTTPService and Flex we get
an HTTPStatusEvent with code 0, and an IOErrorEvent, thereby prohibiting us
from making the call.

Is there any way to tell Flex to ignore the certificate problems, like you can
do in curl with the -k argument ?

For testing I temporarily added http access to the Java app and the Flex ran as
expected, so I am pretty sure this all comes down to the unsigned certificate.

Thanks

Paul
ps No, I have no idea why our IT group won't get a signed certificate for that,
and other, applications.