Hi Alex,

The XML being returned by the web service is as follows:

<NewDataSet>
  <Table>
    <EmployeeID>123</EmployeeID>
    <EmployeeFirstName>Lebron</EmployeeFirstName>
    <EmployeeLastName>James</EmployeeLastName>
<EmployeeEmail>lja...@cavaliers.com</EmployeeEmail>
    <EmployeeNTUsername>ljames</EmployeeNTUsername>
  </Table>

  <Table>
    <EmployeeID>124</EmployeeID>
    <EmployeeFirstName>Kobe</EmployeeFirstName>
    <EmployeeLastName>Bryant</EmployeeLastName>
    <EmployeeEmail>kbry...@lakers.com</EmployeeEmail>
    <EmployeeNTUsername>kbryant</EmployeeNTUsername>
  </Table>

  <Table>
    <EmployeeID>128</EmployeeID>
    <EmployeeFirstName>Steve</EmployeeFirstName>
<EmployeeLastName>Nash</EmployeeLastName>
<EmployeeEmail>sn...@suns.com</EmployeeEmail>
    <EmployeeNTUsername>snash</EmployeeNTUsername>
  </Table>

>From the web service, I assign the Result Event to an XML variable:

_xmlPlayers = XML(event.result);

And I am converting it into an XMLListCollection via the following MXML tags:

<mx:XMLListCollection id="xmllcPlayers" source="{_xmlPlayers.Table}" />

In the filterfunction of the xmllistcollection, I have the scripts:

private function filterPlayers(item:Object) :Boolean
{
return itm.EmployeeEmail.toLowerCase().indexOf(tiSearch.text.toLowerCase()) !=
-1;
}

The tiSearch is a text input box where the event to filter is triggered on each
keystroke (via the textinput change event).

Using the other fields such as FirstName or LastName, the search works well but
not on the email field.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Angelo