Hi Gordon,

Thanks a lot. This explains a lot.

Angelo

________________________________
From: Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
To: "flexcoders@yahoogroups.com" <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, 19 May, 2010 21:58:54
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] init, creationcomplete and other events

>From the ASDoc for these events:
preinitialize:
"Dispatched
at the beginning of the component initialization sequence. The component is in
a very raw state when this event is dispatched. Many components, such as the
Button control, create internal child components to implement functionality;
for example, the Button control creates an internal UITextField component to
represent its label text. When Flex dispatches the preinitializeevent, the
children, including the internal children, of a component have not yet been
created."
initialize:
"Dispatched when the component has finished its construction and has all
initialization properties set. After the initialization phase, properties are
processed, the component is measured, laid out, and drawn, after which the
creationCompleteevent is
dispatched."
creationComplete:
"Dispatched when the component has finished its construction, property
processing, measuring, layout, and drawing. At this point, depending on its
visibleproperty, the
component is not visible even though it has been drawn."
applicationComplete :
"Dispatched after the Application has been initialized, processed by the
LayoutManager, and attached to the display list."
If you think we
need better explanations, please file a documentation bug. (The second sentence
about creationComplete is confusing, but the rest doesn't seem too bad.)
- Gordon