On 24/05/2010 23:28, Oleg Sivokon wrote:

Erm, where you looking for yet another XML class? In that case there are two of them in AS3. But, of course, you can write more of those if you want. Or did you mean that how Flex framework manages components? If so, it hardly is a DOM, well, it's way more complex than that. Document Object Model is a very wide definition which is above framework or even language concepts. On the other hand it may be implemented using almost any programming language. So, essentially, what you asked sounds more like "do computers have squares?" - well, one can answer, sure they do, but this won't be a helping answer, because it's obvious that the question was meant to ask something different.

The OP asked about the DOM which would be taken by 99% of the development community as meaning the Javascript DOM for HTML documents. Seems a very reasonable question and easy interpretation to me. Of course I could be wrong, but even so I won't be making any comments about computer squares. Fortunately, others have provided helpful answers.

To help the OP more - google flex display list - it's a tree that represents the display in a similar manner to the DOM and you can walk that tree looking for components. While there are similarities with the Javascript DOM, they are tenuous and the techniques that would work well using the Javascript DOM and CSS will need to be revisited with Flex - it's very different.

Best.

Oleg