Hi,

I have a combobox in item editor in a datagrid. the combobox is populated with
a dataprovider. All this works fine until I place this combobox inside a gird

working code
------------

mxml code
---------

<datagridcolumn>
 <itemeditor>
  <component>
     <combobox dataprovider="{outerDocument.data}" ... />
  </component>
 </itemeditor>
</datagridcolumn>

actionscript code
-----------------
object.data = ComboBox(event.currentTarget.itemEditorInstance).text;

problematic code
---------------

<datagridcolumn>
 <itemeditor>
  <component>
   <grid>
    <gridrow>
     <griditem>
      <combobox dataprovider="{outerDocument.data}" ... />
     </griditem>
    </gridrow>
   </grid>
  </component>
 </itemeditor>
</datagridcolumn>

actionscript code
object.data = ComboBox(event.currentTarget.itemEditorInstance).text;

error in the action script code:
---
cannot convert _inlinecompone...@3780479 to mx.controls.ComboBox

Here the itemeditorinstance is a grid so, probably its not able to convert to
combobox, how do we get the selected value of the combobox from the itemeditor ?

I use the grid, as the rows are of variable height and the combobox looks huge
if the height of the row is more

Thank you