I'm trying to figure out best practice for making remote calls to my server
from components that are in a flex library.

e.g.  I have a postal code lookup component.  This component will make require
a user to enter a state, which will get all cities for that state (or counties,
or metro areas, etc.).  This requires a database call.  Now rather than forcing
the application that uses this component to make this call to the server then
inject the resulting data results into the dataprovider for my postal code
lookup component, I want the component to load this data.

Is it best practice to have something like com.mywebsite.business that contains
the remote calls for the library, then the component, when needed, will load
that data?

Just trying to get a few opinions on how everyone handles this.  I have another
library that contains most of my business logic (services, VOs, events) and one
that contains my components (modified arraycollections, customized comboboxes),
but wasn't sure about adding these items in.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thanks,