Hi guys!

I wanna share a thing I coded recently: it is a ListCollectionMap class, that
adds "map" functionality to ListCollectionView "sort" and "filter". A lot of
times I felt I was missing something like this, especially when using Mate
framework where everything is controlled by flows of binding events.

ListCollectionMap can do one-to-one and one-to-many mappings and can be used in
data binding chains along with ListCollectionView.

The quick example is:

public var dataIntegers:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection([1, 2, 3]);

public var mapIntegers:ListCollectionMap = new
ListCollectionMap(incrementMapping, dataIntegers);

public function incrementMapping(i:int):int
{
        return i + 1
}

Detailed explanation and examples are in my blog:

http://oitar.biz/blog/2010/06/04/meet-listcollectionmap/

Cheers,
Ilya.