I don't know how to override the settings, but I'll tell you what I do to
handle this. After I have compiled the release build for the first time, I do a
save-as on the html file that was created. I save the copy as index.html, since
that is what I typically use (it simplifies the url, as you probably know: if I
put an index.html file in a folder 'bla' at the sight 'boo.com', its url is
simply 'boo.com/bla' [unless someone has changed the server settings]).

Then I adjust the index.html file, giving it the title I want and resizing the
flash movie if I need to, adding metadata and so on, and save it. That's the
file I post to wherever I am putting the project, along with the other
generated files in the bin/release folder.

When you do another 'export release build', FlashBuilder ignores index.html, so
you don't have a problem with it being overwritten.

I hope that helps.

Andrew