If I had to guess, I would think it was in part because there is simply very
little support and documentation out there for the cf/flex workflow compared to
java.  I am a flex cf developer today, but am pretty certain I will become a
flex java developer within 2 yrs time.  I'm trying to develop a cf/live
cycle/flex project right now, and the frustrations are building up.  I'm
predicting a migration from cf over to java and live cycle to blazeds.

I would say that any companies out there looking for a flex front end solution
is doing their homework and determining that cold fusion is not the right fit
compared to other alternatives.

Brendan