Maybe, yes, none, n/a, no, yes (17), no, depends, bribery, no thank you.  Not
necessarily in that order.

On 6/17/10 7:15 PM, "dorkiedorkfromdorkt...@gmail.com"
<dorkiedorkfromdorkt...@gmail.com> wrote:

I saw a comment recently that large FXG usage can affect performance.
For example, FXG in skins. But I also read it affects file size??? If
it's vector shouldn't it in most cases be smaller in size than a
rasterized representation of the vector? What about If the vector skin
art is relatively static how much of it is getting redrawn every
frame? If it is redrawn every frame what is the use of "Show redrawn
regions" in the Flash Player context menu?

To quote Ted P, "Internally the player sweeps the DisplayList and
processes all graphics, then processes all frame bytecode, then
processed events. If there are things to do in each phase, the phase
will expand potentially slowing down the frame speed."
http://tinyurl.com/2erm72a

Has this behavior changed in Flash Player 10.1? BTW Is there a limit
to the number of questions I can ask in a single post? Have I past
that limit? If so will any of my questions get answered or is the
whole post disqualified? If so how do I get it re-qualified? Separate
posts for each question?

JP

--
Alex Harui