Sender: not...@yahoogroups.com

Hi guys,

I want to filter an arraycollection using a combobox to return data for sev=
eral countries.  But I only want values shown if they are greater than 9.  =
Any ideas why the following code wouldn't work?

private function filter(item:Object): Boolean {
        var s:String =3D cb1.selectedItem.valueOf();
        return item.s > 9;
}

private function startFilter(): void {
        myAC.filterFunction =3D filter;
        myAC.refresh();
        sortThis();
}

If I type in 'return item.Brazil > 9;' it works.  But if I select Brazil in=
 the combobox it does not... even though I can pass the variable s to a lab=
el, which returns 'Brazil' properly.  Seems like 's' variable is fine, but =
the item.s framework is flawed.

Any help much appreciated.  Thanks

Alex