BTW, when you delete the service I mean delete the AS files associated
with the service...

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Scott
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 3:03 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Flex 4 datagrid paging AND filtering

You need to modify the PHP function to do the filtering then modify the
FB4 code to work with the function.  Out of the box, FB4 does not
provide that functionality.

It sounds like you did the auto-generated php wizard.  If you did that,
you'll need to remove the service from the datagrid and delete the
service that you had created.  Then re-generate the service and modify
the paging PHP function BEFORE you link it to your datagrid.  I just ran
into this as an issue last week; it's not regenerating the AS3 service
handlers properly...

After you have the PHP function filtering properly then enable it for
paging and re-link it to your table.

I'd read up on the PHP side of things to learn how to work with the
data.  You should probably test that either in the test service call or
create a .php file to reference the service calls and test it in your
browser to make sure it works properly before you try linking it in FB4.
You'll have nothing but headaches otherwise.

Also, keep in mind I haven't been able to find good docs on PHP and
zendauth which is what you need to secure your data.  I still haven't
gotten that to work right yet.

 sj