Hi:
My form has a number of fields, and I use the Change event to trigger event
handlers to see whether enough fields have been populated that I should enable
the Submit button.

I am using a combobox for one of the fields, so users can type in a value if I
have not included it in the list. However, how do I get a typed-in value back
out again? When the user types in a value rather than selecting an existing
one, the change handler does not recognize that the combobox's selectedIndex is
> -1, and there does not seem to be a label field I can check (if != null && !=
''). The example in Tour de Flex is not illuminating, for it only shows adding
a value to a combo box, not doing anything with the value afterwards.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew