What is bldg that is being passed into centerPopUp?

On 7/2/10 9:14 AM, "jamesfin" <james.alan.finni...@gmail.com> wrote:

I believe there is an anomaly within the ActiveX Flash Player that is causing a
1009 error when trying to center a simple popup.

This logic runs fine on all non-IE OSX and Windows browsers thus causing me to
think it's specific to ActiveX Flash.

One thing that may be unique here is that we are using
loadForCompatibility=true.  The loadForCompatibility property specifies whether
the sub-application is loaded into a peer ApplicationDomain as the parent (when
set to true), or into a child ApplicationDomain (when set to false).

Using 3.5SDK with Flash Player (IE) 10.1.53.64.

Parent Application Loading code...

swf = new SWFLoader();
parentApp.rawChildren.addChild(swf);
swf.visible = false;
swf.includeInLayout = false;

swf.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, swfAppComplete);
swf.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, ioError);
swf.addEventListener(SecurityErrorEvent.SECURITY_ERROR, securityError);

swf.loadForCompatibility = true;

Parent Application later calls into SWF...

var callFunction:Function = (swf.content as
Object).application[_commonFunction];
callFunction(_param);

Loaded SWF Code trys to display a Popup...

var foo:fooEdit = PopUpManager.createPopUp(systemManager.getSandboxRoot(),
fooEdit, true) as fooEdit;
foo.fooID = 123;
PopUpManager.centerPopUp(bldg);

When the PopUpManager.centerPopUp method is called, it fails at...

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object
reference.
at mx.managers::PopUpManagerImpl/findPopupInfoByOwner()
at mx.managers::PopUpManagerImpl/centerPopUp()
at mx.managers::PopUpManager$/centerPopUp()

Since these same SWF's run fine in non-IE environments, is there something
unique about the ActiveX flash player that might cause this failure?

What other kinds of information would be needed to further evaluate a cause?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team