Depending on your use case, you may not see that error.   If you are
scrolling through a list or grid, it gets caught and handled by the
DataGrid.

My memory on this is a little hazy now but I think you can listen to events
on the DataService and see all of the traffic from the data service to the
server.   You'll see events of type "page" or "page_items" come through
which indicate the start of a page operation.   Keep count of them and
display your busy cursor when the count goes from 0-1.   I am forgetting
exactly how you get the responder/call for when those events complete (to
decrement the outstanding count) but I think it's accessible off of that
event or maybe you listen for result events?   Hope this helps.

Jeff