flash.net.registerClassAlias("components.cube.olap.ASDimension",
ASDimension);
flash.net.registerClassAlias("components.cube.olap.ASCube",  ASCube);
var byteArray:ByteArray = new ByteArray();
byteArray.writeObject( cube );
byteArray.compress();
var encoder:Base64Encoder = new Base64Encoder();
encoder.encodeBytes(byteArray);
var byteString:String = encoder.toString();

var decoder:Base64Decoder = new Base64Decoder();
decoder.decode(byteString);
var ba:ByteArray = decoder.toByteArray();
ba.uncompress();
var testCube:ASCube = new ASCube;
testCube = ba.readObject();

ASCube implements IOLAPCube and has a property dimensions : IList. My
problem is that when I look at testCube it has lost the data in
dimensions and is now null. The top level stuff like name, dataSource,
catalog, url etc are there.

byteArray.writeObject( cube );  produces a byteArray of length 131 which
is not long enough for the long list of dimensions in the dimension
property, so I think the problem starts here. Does byteArray.writeObject
only write the "top level"? Any help much appreciated. TIA,

Mic.