The question you have to ask is how long will HTML5 be supported before HTML6-8
takes over the browser, also it looks like not all implementations of HTML are
the same, so more browser supported third party javascript addons to handle the
multitude of html5 workarounds...

Flex is a fun language to code in and when it life is over it will create a
vacuum for the next best application development environment, but by that time
hopefully there will be direct connects to the brain for application
development and some of the best development done while we sleep.

IMHO

Randy