Is there a way to handle a FileStream. readObject error that results when
the target file does not contain valid object data? This isn't an
IOErrorEvent - but rather an error converting the read data.

The use case is that the user can pick a file to open. While I can filter
the allowable files I wanted to also handle errors on the read end. Is this
possible? Ex: the code below works fine when the file contains valid
ArrayCollection data but I can break it if I try to open any other sort of
file.

fs.open(newFile, FileMode.READ);
var temp:ArrayCollection= fs.readObject();
fs.close();

http://www.roypardi.com/