From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Greg Johnson
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:42 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Calls to CFCs

I will give that the / suggestion a try.  As a workaround I switched to a webservice vs remoteobject and it has no problems and seems to let the client load faster.

But I just commented out the remoteobject so I will try flipping back and see what happens.

Now my biggest problems are I am making a call to a CFC and passing it a parameter but the CFC is complaining that it wasn't passed.  Plus my debugger for some reason who let me watch variables anymore.  I put an alert in the Flex code just before the CFC call and it shows valid data in the variable I am sending, but it just doesn't get to the CFC for some reason.  Doing the same exact thing with all the other CFCs and they work fine :/

Peter Farland wrote:
Actually, it's likely that you're getting an AppendToGatewayUrl AMF
Response Header from the server because it detected that while a session
was created during the request, the client didn't inform the server
whether it could accept cookies.

This AMF Response Header is trying to tell the client NetConnection to
decorate its connection URL with some extra info, for example a
jsessionid for Java or a cfid/cftoken for ColdFusion.

You may then be using IIS... In which case it may be barfing on the
semi-colon in something like the jsessionid token, irrespective of
whether you have a ;.

http://cfxtest.research.unc.edu/flashservices/gateway/;jessionid=XYZ123A
BC

I believe CF released a hot fix for this issue, but the work around is
easy... Just add a ? To the gateway URL (or "endpoint" in flex speak) so
that the session information won't annoy IIS.

endpoint="http://cfxtest.research.unc.edu/flashservices/gateway?"

Pete