I have a Spark List with an Item Renderer that contains a Rectangle with a
solid color stroke. When the list first appears it works fine. I use the
keyboard to go to the next item until I get to the last visible item. When I
go to the next item, its in a horizontal list, all the borders disappear
from all the previous item. If I mouse over those items or select them the
borders appear as normal. Here is the Item Renderer code:

<!-- BORDER -->
<!-- if 10 items are showing and the user presses right arrows to the 11th
item, the border disappears in all visible items except the selected item.
on mouse over the border returns. -->

<s:Rect height="50" width="50">
<s:stroke>
<s:SolidColorStroke id="borderColor"