Ok, I figured out, how to set a ContextMenu on a component. Works fine...
with STATIC components like below .....

But with dynamic components????

If I change the initThis function below to this....

function initThis(){
        //var my_cm = new _global["ContextMenu"]();
        var my_cm :ContextMenu = new ContextMenu();

        my_cm.hideBuiltInItems();

        my_cm.customItems.push(new ContextMenuItem("Hello", itemHandler));

        var test = canTest.createChild(
                mx.containers.Canvas,"canTestChild",
                { width : 50 , height : 50 , backgroundColor : "#ee0000"});

        var     contextOver = String( test.id );
        mx.core.Application.application[ contextOver ].menu = my_cm;

}

...it does not work anymore... HELP!!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml"; xmlns="*"
initialize="initThis()">

<mx:Canvas id="canTest" width="50" height="50" backgroundColor="#ffffff" />

        <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
                        var showItem = true;
                        var my_cm:ContextMenu;

                        function initThis(){
                                var my_cm = new _global["ContextMenu"]();
                                //var my_cm :ContextMenu = new
ContextMenu();

                                my_cm.hideBuiltInItems();

                                my_cm.customItems.push(new
ContextMenuItem("Hello", itemHandler));

                                var     contextOver = String( canTest.id );
                                mx.core.Application.application[ contextOver
].menu = my_cm;

mx.controls.Alert.show(mx.core.Application.application[ contextOver ]);
                                //canTest.menu = my_cm;

                        }

                        function menuHandler(obj, menuObj) {
                                   if (showItem == false) {