Would it be possible to simply add it to the MXML file where I am declaring the
datagrid, instead of subclassing it?

Thanks.

________________________________
From: turbo_vb <timh...@aol.com>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, 17 August, 2010 8:30:29
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Method for a Datagrid Button Itemrenderer

Hi Angelo,

You're close.  You'll need to declare the event in the DataGrid.  A simple
subclass should do the trick.  This way you can add the event listener in mxml
too:

package myPackage
{
import mx.controls.DataGrid;

[Event( name="myTest", type="flash.events.Event")]

public class MyDataGrid extends DataGrid
{