From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of happy dog owner
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:39 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] flex2gateway error

Hi all, I am working on my first real Flex application, using the latest
ColdFusion 9.01 server as a backend, Flex 4 using Flash Builder Standard.
Running on Windows on Apache.

Everything seems to work fine but then randomly (as far as I can tell) I'll
start getting those flex2gateway errors:

[RPC Fault faultString="Send failed" faultCode="Client.Error.MessageSend"
faultDetail="Channel.Connect.Failed error NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP:
Failed: url: 'http://localhost/flex2gateway/'"]

Everything I've read on this list and elsewhere refers to this error appearing
when the gateway isn't working...but it seems to be for me. When I manually
call the URL above (http://localhost/flex2gateway/) I get the whitepage that is
expected (I double-checked the headers and they do give me 200 response).

Once this error appears I have a VERY hard time getting rid of it and getting
my application to run again. I've tried restarting Apache, ColdFusion, even
rebooting, I've tried rebuilding the project, I've tried manually setting the
gateway in my remote object tags. Nothing seems to work, but invariably it
*will* go away for a time, everything will run correctly...and then boom, it
shows up again and I'm stuck again. But I have yet to figure out the pattern
for when it occurs.

Any ideas?? I'm really frustrated trying to figure this out and what it causing
it.

--
Mary Jo Sminkey
Author, CFWebstore