<rant>Because it's a pain in the a$$. You have to install Ant which requires
you to install other crap. Then you have the learning curve associated with
ANT. Then you run into random errors where something doesn't copy and you
waste hours tracking it down to having spaces in your file path. In the end
you waste more time than you save. It's a rabbit hole. It's an mirage. And
its being slung around more than $hit in a monkey cage.... </rant>

Amy, can you embed your XML files? It's something like this,

[Embed]
public var myXML:Class;

ps it's not personal