SOLVED thanks to a...@adobe

I changed my resultType="E4X" and then used {new
XMLListCollection(XMLList(getSpeedDialList.lastResult).chartlist)}

This solved the problem perfectly.

It's important to remember that when using E4X the first node is ignored in
your xml.

But with out the list conversion (since datagroups support Ilists and so on)
I would have been lost.

So all credit to Alex Harui from the Flex SDK Team

Craig McLeod

Phone:       086 111 4512
Fax:            033 343 2265

Email:        <mailto:cr...@sumitsolutions.co.za> cr...@sumitsolutions.co.za
Website:    <http://www.sumitsolutions.co.za/>
http://www.sumitsolutions.co.za

sumit_solutions_logo.jpg

This is an email from SUMIT Solutions. The contents are confidential to the
intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. It
may not be disclosed copied or used by anyone other than this addressee. If
you receive this email in error please contact SUMIT Solutions on +27 33 343
2888 quoting the name of the sender and the addressee then delete it from
your system. Note that neither SUMIT Solutions nor the sender accepts
responsibility for viruses and you are advised to scan attachments before
opening or saving them

<<image001.jpg>>