Are you using embedded fonts?  I don’t remember if Spark controls need embedded
fonts for alpha to work correctly.

On 8/2/11 12:44 PM, "lanekelly5" <lkel...@gmail.com> wrote:

For some reason if I make the text of a button white, the alpha.disabled
property in the SparkSkin container of my custom button skin doesn't behave
properly.  I can set the alpha.disabled=.99 on the <SparkSkin> and the white
text is really hard to read.  I would expect that it would make the disabled
button look almost exactly like the enabled button (it does if the label text
is black and not white).  Is there some weird blending mode going on under the
hood with a label on the button skin?

If I set alpha.disabled=1 on the SparkSkin component of my custom button skin,
then the disabled and enabled buttons look the same with white text.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team